Modern Slavery Statement
MODERN SLAVERY AND HUMAN TRAFFICKING STATEMENT
This Modern Slavery and Human Trafficking Statement is a response to Section 54(1), Part 6 of the Modern Slavery Act 2015 and relates to actions and activities for the financial year ending 31 December 2020.
- I. (Europe) Limited ('the Company', 'we', 'us' or 'our') is committed to preventing slavery and human trafficking violations in its own operations, its supply chain, and its products. We have zero-tolerance towards slavery and require our supply chain to comply with our values.
- I. (Europe) Limited is the subsidiary of the KAMDAK LTd group, the parent company being B.I. Limited and has business operations in the United Kingdom.
We operate in the Food manufacturing sector. The nature of our supply chains is as follows: We work with a number of key direct suppliers, who provide us with goods, such as equipment for our premises, and services, such as outsourced business processes, IT software and marketing service
For more information about the Company, please visit our website: www.bilimited.com.
We operate a number of internal policies to ensure that we are conducting business in an ethical and transparent manner.
These include the following:
- Recruitment and selection policy-
- Whistleblowing policy-
- Staff code of conduct-
We make sure our suppliers are aware of our policies and adhere to the same standards.
As part of our efforts to monitor and reduce the risk of slavery and human trafficking occurring in our supply chains, we have adopted the following due diligence procedures:
- Internal supplier audits.
- Checking certain suppliers with external third parties for any slavery or human trafficking risks.
Our due diligence procedures aim to:
- Identify and action potential risks in our business and supply chains.
- Monitor potential risks in our business and supply chains
- Reduce the risk of slavery and human trafficking occurring in our business and supply chains.
- Provide protection for whistleblowers.
Risk and compliance
The Company has evaluated the nature and extent of its exposure to the risk of slavery and human trafficking occurring in its UK supply chain through:
- Evaluating the slavery and human trafficking risks of each new supplier.
We do not consider that we operate in a high-risk environment because The business operates in this risk level environment because the majority of our supply chain is based in the UK and in low-risk industries, such as internet software and services
We do not tolerate slavery and human trafficking in our supply chains. Where there is evidence of failure to comply with our policies and procedures by any of our suppliers, we will require that supplier to remedy the non-compliance.
The Company uses Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to measure its effectiveness and ensure that slavery and human trafficking is not taking place in its business and supply chains. These KPIs are as follows:
- We will contact suppliers to enquire about their modern slavery practices every12 months.
- We will carry out a regular audit of suppliers - 15% of suppliers each year.
The statement was approved by the board of directors.
Priyan Dhutia, Director
B. I. (Europe) Limited